Monday, November 22, 2010

Can you say YO-GA?



Yoga: what an amazing way to start the day. If someone was to ask what my hobbies are, I’d have to include Yoga in and amongst the other energetic activities I participate in...........although to tell you the truth I’m not a 100% dedicated Yogi. Squeezing in the odd Yoga class at my local fitness first once a week (or fortnight) is not my ideal way to develop my practice. The key word here being “practice”.

I have wanted to continue with my yoga practice the last couple of months but finding time in between boot camp, dancing, tennis, swimming and oh yes that thing we call work I was finding it hard to squeeze another extra-curricular activity in my already jam-packed schedule. Thanks to www.jumponit.com I bought a $49 unlimited 3 month yoga pass which is exactly what I needed to get me back in the swing of it. 6am this morning and I was down-ward facing dog in a 30 degree warmed room at BODYMINDLIFE in Surry Hills.

What can I say, I feel freaking amazing after the 1.5 hour class of stretching, breathing, meditating and definitely sweating. Coming from someone that is highly active I would rate the difficulty of the class as medium. I did attempt the Bakasana crow pose and wheel pose (pictured below) and held them both for a bout 5 seconds before I came crashing down onto my mat along with my ego lol.



Looking forward to getting the most out of the next 3 months and hopefully can hold some weird and wonderful positions by the time February rolls around….


Right in time for my South American adventure. A post coming soon about the up and coming trip!

Peace & Love

Pee-jay

No comments:

Post a Comment