Wednesday, September 23, 2009

pee-jay hearts eat.pray.love

Eat. Pray. Love = amaaazing. I’m only onto page 35 but I find myself picking up the book any second I have free. I mean before work, after work, in my breaks, at the gym (yes whilst on the cross trainer) and even when I’m stopped at red lights (is this illegal?) I started reading this book after many many many recommendations from friends. “Life changing….inspiring….. challenging…..were just a few remarks that were made.

“One women’s search for everything” is the caption on the front of the book. It is about a New York writer who embarks on a journey of self discovery after surviving a very exasperating divorce (true story). The author decides to visit Italy (to learn Italian-because she had always wanted to), India (to pray and hope to find a spiritual connection with herself) and Indonesia (I’m not sure why she goes here yet).

So only after 35 pages, I can tell you- that the book (or her story) has inspired met to go on an adventure of my own. I have always wanted to teach English in Japan after studying the language for over 8 years. So Monday morning, I find myself downloading an application form to teach English in Japan. Crazy-I know- but I thought to myself, why do I have to go through a hard divorce and any other adversity to realize that I should have done a lot of these types of things while I was still young.

So enough blogging for today, and back to reading…….I will update you on a) the progress of the book and b) my application for Japan (I have to write and essay and am not in the mood whilst the book is unfinished).

Xx pee-jay

PS. I also attended a meditation class on Monday night-very strange, but very relaxing (inspired by Eat,pray,love). To paint a quick picture of the night…..I was sitting cross legged on a small bean bag seat, in someone’s converted lounge room, singing in Tibetan with a group of people I have never met before…..ok there is too much to write right now….I will blog on this a bit later.

No comments:

Post a Comment